Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Magic of Thinking Big

Yes, magic or is it?  Coming from the Human Services field, I have met so many women that felt  they could not rise against their current level in society.  Many came from all social economic levels of society, mostly lower income.  Most are single mothers that are a part of society that is never uplifted, celebrated, inspired, motivated, or paid attention to, unless law makers want to cut funding/budgets then they are the first segment of society that is affected, in my opinion, and are  looked upon as  the AMERICAN PROBLEM.  In America, if you look and/or listen to stats, radio, magazines, news of any media, single mothers are so frowned upon and talked about as if they are dogs in the streets.  The bottom line for me was when I heard a song that stated "I HATE MY BABY'S MAMA"  It hit me like a ton of bricks my soul ached with pain.  Wow, I bet that is how so many men feel, I thought to myself knowing all the stories I have heard from women over the years as a Human Services Case Manager. I'll blog about those issues later. But you get the picture. I was raised in Washington Heights Apartments, the project, and even as a child seeing and knowing what it was to be without money raised by a single mother who worked hard everyday to take care of her family.  I wanted more than what I saw  aound me in the projects and as a child I dreamed of being RICH.  But I grew up, became a single mother myself and went through so much to become the woman I am today..Am I rich, well I belive in the "Magic of Thinking Big".  If I would not have carried that deep desire that I have had since a child from Washington Heights Project, I belive I would have lost my mind. But GRACE is why I am here and why I have a deep desire to help women to dream and dream big. Success in America is not only for those with the college degrees, even though I have one,married, come from  stable homes, etc.......It is for everyone with the burning desire to achive in this great country, America, we are going through this together. Many women I have spoken with over the years confided in me because they knew our conversations were confidential and many had no support group, there was nobody  they could talk to discuss dreams, goals, and things many other women could with their husbands and families.  This is my purpose in LIFE to help women especially (baby mamas) be all they can be and by the way BABY MAMAS CAN BE MILLIONAIRES TOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment